Stuff that occurs to me

All of my 'how to' posts are tagged here. The most popular posts are about blocking and private accounts on Twitter, also the science communication jobs list. None of the science or medical information I might post to this blog should be taken as medical advice (I'm not medically trained).

Think of this blog as a sort of nursery for my half-baked ideas hence 'stuff that occurs to me'.

Contact: @JoBrodie Email: jo DOT brodie AT gmail DOT com

Science in London: The 2018/19 scientific society talks in London blog post

Sunday 20 September 2009

All the applications I've ever blocked on Facebook

I hadn't realised that Facebook kept a list of all the applications I've blocked, but of course - when you think about it - they'd have to. Since I discovered that whenever a friend adds an application it immediately can see whatever my friend sees (ie, pretty much everything) I've made sure that I block them and limit what they can see. Because I use the basic applications (links, groups, notes, photos) I can't eliminate what applications see entirely.

Facebook's great and I can't really complain about having information on the internet, but it's the principle of the thing ;)

So... here are all the apps I've blocked.

--------
https://register.facebook.com/privacy/?view=platform&tab=other
Blocked Applications
You have blocked the following applications.
This means they cannot access any information about you or contact you, but they may still appear on your friends' profile.
If you want to remove the block for any of these applications, click remove.


SpeedDate
RockYou Live
Slide FunSpace
SuperPoke!
Twisted Gifts
Lexulous
Movies
Hug Me
Likeness
Snowball Fight!
Mesmo TV - Make me a Celebrity
Are you a bitch?
Music
Likeness UNRATED
Flirt Wall
ATTACK!
Superlatives
My Questions
My Personality
Will you KISS me?
Actions Pro
Video
Naughty vs Nice
Say Merry Christmas
Growing Gifts
Quizzes
Hatching Eggs
Cities I've Visited
YouTube Video Box
Are You Normal?
Personality
New England Patriots Fans
Send SMS - Text Messaging
Pirates: Rule the Caribbean!
Moods
Developer
Ipswich
Scramble
Water Globe Gifts
Genius Test
Swansea
Pirates: Rule the Caribbean!
Are YOU Interested?
Send and Receive Cards
Food Fight!
Top Friends
Happy Hour!
Friend Wheel
Medline Publications
True or False Quiz
Strictly Come Dancing Conga
Emotional Intelligence
Fairyland
Zimride Carpool
MSN Messenger Button
Greenbook
Books
Texas HoldEm Poker
What kind of date are you?
Sexy Gifts!
Send Good Karma
Vampires
Where I've Been
Skiers vs. Snowboarders
WereWolves
Zombies
Slayers
Friends For Sale!
FA Cup Picks
Blackjack
G.I. JONNY
Friend Hug
Wales Rugby
Best Match!
Animated GIFTS
HairMixer
HugMe
How fat are you?
Pillow Fight!
There/Their/They're Test
Triumph
Online People
Beer Finder
What is Your Secret Sexual Fantasy?
(Lil) Green Patch
Are You Intelligent?
Logical vs Creative
Causes
Visual Bookshelf
LX Champions League
Where am I?
I Am Green
Fun Cards - Birthday & More!
Owned!
Happy Pills
Classic IQ Test
Birthday Cards
Sketch Me
How British are you?
Hugs
England Rugby
Shakespearean Insult Generator
How Evil Are You?
IQ Test
YES or NO?
Fishticuffs
U.S. Citizen Test
Advanced Wall
What's Your Stripper Name?
Philosophers + Philosophy
The True Age Test
What Beatle are you?
How emotional are you?
Spatial IQ Test
Free Animated Gifts
Most Wanted Valentine!
What Kind of Cat Would You Be?
Buses
Pool Party
Monty Python Gifts!
blast from the past
Snoopy :)
LivingSocial
MyCalendar
Are You A Chav
Birthday Calendar
Word Challenge
Who Has The Biggest Brain?
Zoosk
Geo Challenge
Bowling Buddies
Honesty Box
Friend Facts
Pet Society
Chocolate Buttons
Love Football (Soccer)
Circle of Moms
Finbarr Saunders' Double Entendre Gifts
Tatty Teddys For Every Me To You Fan
Write in Pictures
Restaurant City
How good are you in bed?
Astrology Badge and Match
Million Women Rise 2009
In Love ?True Or False
Mingers
Mafia Wars
What instrument are you?

2 comments:

  1. how did you block slide funspace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I'm aware the method for blocking any application is the same as for any other. You need to click on the application - this will usually take you to an 'allow access' page but you need to click again on the NAME of the application (ie this is a two step process).

    Once you've clicked on its name you're taken to the application's own page (where people can leave comments and you can see how many people use it / are fans etc. On the top left hand side are the magic words 'Block Application'. Click and enjoy the peace that will ensue, albeit briefly until your friends download some other bit of crap. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment policy: I enthusiastically welcome corrections and I entertain polite disagreement ;) Because of the nature of this blog it attracts a LOT - 5 a day at the moment - of spam comments (I write about spam practices,misleading marketing and unevidenced quackery) and so I'm more likely to post a pasted version of your comment, removing any hyperlinks.

Comments written in ALL CAPS LOCK will be deleted and I won't publish any pro-homeopathy comments, that ship has sailed I'm afraid (it's nonsense).