Stuff that occurs to me

All of my 'how to' posts are tagged here. The most popular posts are about blocking and private accounts on Twitter, also the science communication jobs list. None of the science or medical information I might post to this blog should be taken as medical advice (I'm not medically trained).

Think of this blog as a sort of nursery for my half-baked ideas hence 'stuff that occurs to me'.

Contact: @JoBrodie Email: jo DOT brodie AT gmail DOT com

Science in London: The 2018/19 scientific society talks in London blog post

Sunday 27 September 2009

Mophie batteries (part one)

I love my Mophie Juice pack which adds extra battery oomph to my iPhone.

There are two kinds that I'm aware of:- Mophie Juice pack and Mophie Juice pack Air, both available from http://www.mophieuk.com/ or 0845 619 0845.

Mophie's battery page is at http://www.mophieuk.com/index.php/batteries.html, the relevant batteries are the first and fourth in the picture grid (of four batteries shown)

Mophie Juice pack Air is currently £64.99
Mophie Juice pack is currently £69.49

Compared below (the text is pinched from their website which I will of course remove if this irks Mophie).

What sold the Juice pack for me was the oomphed 3G time for iphone 3Gs, having been to several conferences where the wifi signal was somewhat feeble - having said that there's no guarantee that you'll get a good 3G signal. But I can watch videos / listen to podcasts for longer too. Mind you, in areas of guaranteed wifi the Juice pack Air might be the better bet, but doesn't last as long for non-internet things.

Mophie Juice pack Air
http://www.mophieuk.com/index.php/batteries/juice-pack-airtm-iphone-3g-and-3g-s.html
iPhone 3GS:
Standby Time: Up to 270 hours
Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours on 3G Up to 10 hours on 2G
Internet Use: Up to 4.5 hours on 3G Up to 8 hours on Wi-Fi
Audio Playback: Up to 27 hours
Video Playback: Up to 9 hours

iPhone 3G:
Standby Time: Up to 270 hours
Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours on 3G Up to 9 hours on 2G
Internet Use: Up to 4.5 hours on 3G Up to 5.4 hours on Wi-Fi
Audio Playback: Up to 20 hours
Video Playback: Up to 6 hours

Mophie Juice pack
http://www.mophieuk.com/index.php/batteries/juice-packtm-iphone-3g-and-3g-s.html
iPhone 3GS:
Standby Time: Up to 350 hours
Talk Time: Up to 6 hours on 3G Up to 12 hours on 2G
Internet Use: Up to 6 hours on 3G Up to 7 hours on Wi-Fi
Audio Playback: Up to 28 hours
Video Playback: Up to 8 hours

iPhone 3G:
Standby Time: Up to 350 hours
Talk Time: Up to 6 hours on 3G Up to 12 hours on 2G
Internet Use: Up to 6 hours on 3G Up to 7 hours on Wi-Fi
Audio Playback: Up to 28 hours
Video Playback: Up to 8 hours

My Mophie Juice Pack for 3G - the picture on the left is the actual battery, and the metal bit at the moment clips into the phone's socket so that the battery envelopes the phone. The photo on the right shows the unopened battery - there's a tiny button on the back that lets you check how charged up it is. Presumably it ships 3/4 full (there are four blue LEDs, three are lit below).
It's gorgeous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy: I enthusiastically welcome corrections and I entertain polite disagreement ;) Because of the nature of this blog it attracts a LOT - 5 a day at the moment - of spam comments (I write about spam practices,misleading marketing and unevidenced quackery) and so I'm more likely to post a pasted version of your comment, removing any hyperlinks.

Comments written in ALL CAPS LOCK will be deleted and I won't publish any pro-homeopathy comments, that ship has sailed I'm afraid (it's nonsense).