I'd really enjoy an Angine de Poitrine-based Music HackSpace-adjacent event which is aimed at a general public audience that touches on a variety of things such as
- different musical styles
- time signatures
- psychology of music (tension-release etc)
- the electronic engineering involved in creating effects pedals and things that let you create are replay loops.
Musicologist Prof Milton Mermikides is giving a series of free in-person and YouTube live-streamed talks for a general public audience about music, through Gresham College (London). These are really interesting and entertaining. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see future events as well as past videos to watch (e.g. "The Maths of Music (and the Music of Maths)" with Milton and Prof Sarah Hart).
Also 'How Music Works' and 'The Story of Music' by Howard Goodall are excellent UK television series and available to watch on YouTube.
More Imaginary festivals
• The Imaginary Maritime Science Festival - what would you have in your perfect science festival? (3 April 2017) ⚓️
• The Imaginary Paddington 2 Science Festival (30 March 2021) 🐻
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment policy: I enthusiastically welcome corrections and I entertain polite disagreement ;) Because of the nature of this blog it attracts a LOT - 5 a day at the moment - of spam comments (I write about spam practices,misleading marketing and unevidenced quackery) and so I'm more likely to post a pasted version of your comment, removing any hyperlinks.
Comments written in ALL CAPS LOCK will be deleted and I won't publish any pro-homeopathy comments, that ship has sailed I'm afraid (it's nonsense).